Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and all that jazz

Just a quick post with some seasonal wishes for all those lovely people who take the time to read my blog.


While I'm not a Christmasy person, I'm on my third (...or fourth) glass of prosecco with red currents and homemade elderflower cordial and feeling sort of in the spirit..though that could be the effect of actual alcoholic spirits rather than festive ones..anyway I have plans to start cooking dinner some time soon. We're going to have the Quorn family roast cooking in the oven in stock and wine, I find it dries out otherwise, along with homemade vegetable stuffing and lots of roast veg. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to bother making a dessert, there's enough sweets in the house now that perhaps we're better off just sticking to them. That big bag of chocolate raisins with my name on it won't eat itself. 

Incase you're wondering about the pictures above they are (from right to left top to bottom); 
  • our mini-black Christmas tree in Gar's house with some felt decorations that I made last year and Gloomy the Japanese cartoon bear that mauls kids,
  • halloumi with courgettes, peppers and lemon rice that we had to for dinner a couple of nights ago, 
  • one of the presents I got from my mother, it was my Grandmother's and she thinks it's a scarf clasp,
  • some of the chocolate fudge I made for my dad,
  • butternut squash dahl which we finished off for lunch today,
  • and lastly my glass of bubbles with red currents and elderflower cordial. 
So before I go, from the Blue household we wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year. 

Blue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment