Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A-Z of Me


So I saw this on Retrochick's blog and thought it would be kinda fun to add to my own one too. So here's my A-Z of me, probably more information than you ever wanted to know about me. 

A-Age: 22

B-Bed size: Double 

C-Chore that you hate: Dusting, it makes me sneeze something terrible. Then I look like a fool if I wear a face mask to stop the sneezing. 

D- Dogs: A long weekend of looking after Gar's friend's dog and their apartment has definitely cemented my love of cats. They don't need to be walked, they can be house trained to poop in a box and they generally don't tend to eat whatever leftovers you have on the kitchen counter while also smearing it all over the couch. We've already agreed on names, for when we live together and can adopt some kitties. Orwell and Beckett after our favourite authors. Though zombie kitty is also pretty tempting.  


E-Essential start to your day: Coffee, coffee and more coffee. Waking me up is no easy feet. In fact it's like trying to wake a hibernating bear. It's not easy and it sure ain't pretty. Plus you risk a mauling. So coffee is an essential part of getting me up and moving in the morning and has been for longer than I would like to admit. 


F-Favourite Colour: Can't you guess? It's blue 

G-Gold or silver: Silver. Though my engagement ring is white gold. 


H-Height: A travel-sized 5' 6"


I-Instruments you play: Once upon a time I learnt recorder and the tin whistle in school, then decided maybe I did have musical talent and attempted to learn the bass guitar and the violin. Needless to say, this quickly taught me I'm a listener, not a player. 

J-Job title: Professional hobo.

K-Kids: Hell no. My brother has 7. I'm sticking with cats.

L-Live: Ireland.

M-Mothers name: Mary, which is a pretty safe guess for any mother's name in Ireland. Case in point, Gar's mother is also called Mary.

N-Nicknames: Blue or Marvin the Martian, but the former was a long time ago. Don't ask. 

O-Overnight hospital stays: Yes, when I broke my arm and needed surgery because they had to reattach the bit I chipped off my elbow. 


P- Pet peeves: Chewing gum, I think it makes people look like cows chewing cud. Bad manners, or even a lack of good manners. Even if you're in a rush, it takes seconds to say "Thank you" or "Excuse me". When scheduled public transport just doesn't turn up. It's not late or early. It completely fails to turn up. Pretty dresses that fit me perfectly everywhere but the bust. People who don't like animals - fine maybe a dog bit you once so now you're scared of them, but why dislike a red panda? Shop bought Halloween costumes for women, what if I don't want to be a "Sexy" witch or cat?.

Q-Quote from a movie: um,....why a quote from a movie? Why not a literary quote or a philosophical one or something? I can't think of a movie quote!

R-Right or left handed: Righty

S-Siblings: One older brother who together with his wife will repopulate America after the zombie apocalypse. They already have a head start what with the 7 kids and all. 

T-Time you wake up: *insert grumbling here*

U-Underwear: Yes, I do own and also wear underwear. Possibly a pointless question.

V-Vegetable you hate: Cauliflower. It just doesn't taste good to me. So in the words of William Shatner; "I can't get behind that"

W-What makes you run late: Dublin bus. Gar. Also alot of the time it's my own time keeping too. I'm generally too early or running late. 

X-X rays you’ve had: My arm/elbow

Y-Yummy food that you make: I have a few speciality dishes... :)

Z-Zoo animal:
Wolves...no, bats, no...red pandas...

1 comment:

  1. Cauliflower is nice puréed with cheese and cream! You can have it instead of mashed potato. Yum.

    I forgot, I also had a bass guitar for a bit, I wasn't very good at that either!

    ReplyDelete